Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Chapter 1: New Beginnings


This lovely lady right here is our brand new baby mama, Joanna Tredway! She is a childish goofball who is very family oriented. Her aspiration in life is to have a big happy family!



Since I'm not worrying about cheats/rules right now, I just cheated her some money and moved her into this house in Willow Creek. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths - a good start for a 100 baby challenge house. Though I'll admit, I'm a little disappointed that there are no bunk beds. The child bedroom is rather small and hard to accommodate another bed without removing something else. Granted, the way the house is built doesn't allow for a lot of room to expand, so in a house I had plenty of room in, this wouldn't be an issue. 


I decided to have her waste no time and snagged up the first male Sim that walked past her house. It happened to be this not so bad looking gentleman who goes by the name of Jacob Rushing. They started off with some casual chit chat.



It didn't last long, though, before he felt it was time to head home. It was ok, because Joanna had some needs to attend to. I sent her inside to grab a bite to eat. I won't spend a lot of time beating a dead horse, but everything everyone says about the interior lighting is true. It's horrendous. It can be made tolerable with some better lights, and eventually I'll get around to fixing all the lighting in the house to get the best lighting I can. But seriously, this is something I really hope is fixed sooner rather than later. It didn't ruin the gameplay for me, though, so that's good. Just a slight nuisance/inconvenience.

After taking care of her next need, her bladder, I had Joanna send Jacob a text. I'm not sure what year those phones are from, but they look super massive/blocky to be from this day and age.


Typically, I know you're not supposed to get your baby mamas a job outside of the home lot. But I wanted to see how the careers worked so I had her sign up for the writing career. Now that I've seen how it works, I don't know that I'll keep her in it. I don't mind the off site job aspect of it, I just don't like that she needs to be away from the home lot. With the littles coming she's not gonna be able to balance both very well. After she accepted the job, I had her work on her writing skill for a little while.


Finally, it was time for bed. All the excitement over TS4 was pretty exhausting, ya know!


Morning came around and I sent Joanna off to take care of her hunger need. Her meal of choice was...hamburgers...for breakfast. Yeah.


Before she could eat, though, she had to take care of that bladder need once again. This is one of my favorite new features so far, the "pee pee walk", as I like to call it. So. Cute.


Speaking of walk styles, I love the fact that they maintain the style you give them in CAS even while carrying things. For example, Joanna demonstrating her perky walk!


When she returned home from work, I decided to get the baby ball rolling and had Joanna invite Jacob over again. After a few more interactions, they reached friend level and shared a nice friendly hug!


Next up was a nice picture together. I wish I could figure out how to see it...assuming there's even a way to do so :( It's adorable.


I decided to take a leap and cue up some romantic interactions. Starting with a simple flirt, she swings...


...and she SCORES! Flirt received ;)


Then came sexy posing time! Side note...sorry some of these angles seem a little awkward. They were standing right in front of the door and there wasn't a ton of space to get good photos. Plus, the camera controls are just plain awkward. I'm getting used to them, but I definitely preferred the fluidity of the TS3 controls a LOT more. Even with the TS3 controls option selected, it's still just a little choppy and awkward. 


Finally, first kiss time!


Next up came some making out on the couch. I don't genuinely get too wrapped up in the romantic actions, but I will say I kind of like the fact that they're a little more realistic/natural and don't sound like two walruses nomming each others faces.


Another one of my new favorite interactions...staring deeply into each others eyes. By this point,  I was 100% shipping this couple because they look ADORBS together, and I had to just move it along to keep myself from getting too attached. When I finish the challenge and have her settle down with someone, though, it's just going to have to be this guy. It's just....I mean, look at them.

Eventually I tore myself away from the cuteness on the couch and got down to business. I've seen several people say that the process to build a romantic relationship is difficult. These two made it WAY too easy. It took a little longer than your average TS1/TS2/TS3 relationship, but it wasn't difficult at all. Not a single rejection or anything. It just worked perfectly :) The new woohoo music is different and not at all what I expected....not necessarily a bad thing, though, but a lot more of a show than previous games.


The next morning, after that night of fun, the first thing Joanna wanted to do was fulfill her hunger need. Looks like she's enjoying those left over hamburgers!


Next up was the bladder need, and the option to take a pregnancy test was there. I've heard that the option only comes up if the Sim is, in fact, pregnant. If so, that's slightly disappointing because it ruins the surprise. But oh well, the option is still fun. 


And the official word is...miss Joanna is eating for two! Our very first baby of The Sims 4 is on its way! Looks like Joanna is one happy baby mama! Will her baby look like a normal human being? Or will it be a mutated spiderling with buggy eyes that makes you wanna rethink any and all desires to procreate? Tune in next time to see the results!

3 comments:

  1. EEEE. I love your mama, she's very cute. I also very much love the pee pee walk, I LOL'd so hard when my hubby's sim-self did it for the first time. Quick note on the camera angles. In the options menu, go to camera settings and check the "The Sims 3 Camera settings." It changes all the controls to the way Sims 3 worked. SO MUCH BETTER/EASIER, omg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeess!! Pee Pee Walk ftw! I have done that with the camera angles, and it definitely helps! Sometimes they're still a little choppy/awkward, but I'm getting used to them :)

      Delete
    2. I know this is a little late but that thing about your pregnancy test is not true. I took a pregnancy test once and my sim was not pregnant!

      Delete