Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Chapter 2: Damnit.

The following morning, Jacob stopped by and Joanna shared her big news with him! THAT FACE!! Also, it should be noted, I've seen several people mention that Sims will automatically walk into your house once they knock on the door...that hasn't happened to me once. So I'm not sure if it's a specific bug or if it just hasn't happened to me yet out of luck. I'll keep you updated on that one!


After sharing her news, the two of them sat down for a nice chat. After this conversation, Jacob started stopping by/calling CONSTANTLY. And their relationship status had jumped up to SOULMATES. I don't mind, don't get me wrong. But it's breaking my heart because I seriously ship them together soooooo badly and I'm worried about what'll happen if he gets too attached/she has to break it off. I know, they're just Sims. Calm down, Ashley. This isn't real life.



After he finally left, I bought Joanna one of those virtual game mat thingies. Much fun was had ^_^



Joanna didn't get sick until she entered the second trimester. I have to say, I really love what they've done with pregnancy for this installment of the series. I love how unpredictable it is and how much more realistic it is. Big thumbs up. If there's one piece of the game they really got right, besides the build mode, it's this. Also, love the new cleaning interactions!


The following day I sent her out to the public park. Second trimester baby bump!! <3


Being completely honest, one of the biggest downfalls to the game for me is the lack of things to do. There's enough to keep your attention, don't get me wrong. But eventually, this IS going to get rather boring. They really give you the bare minimum of objects. If you love building up your skills, you'll be happy with it. If you want deeper gameplay and more options for stories and so on, you'll probably be a little disappointed. I know typically EPs come out within a 5-6 month radius after the base game, but I REALLY hope that one comes sooner rather than later. Don't get me wrong, I'm LOVING this game. I really am. But the sooner we have some more stuff to do, the better. I ended up settling on having her play some chess.


Eventually this guy came up and started playing with her. I can't remember his name right now, but I'm keeping him in my back pocket for future baby daddy use. 


By the end of the day, our poor Joanna was exhausted. She made her way home and shuffled her way up to bed.


Meet Felix, Joanna's new tetra fish! Yeah....I'm already ready for pets, please. I *really* do understand why they can't/don't incorporate EVERYTHING into the base game, I really do. But I *really* wish they would just start including pets. Like, yesterday. Oh well, Felix will do for now.


Third trimester baby bump!! <3 In this picture, Joanna is heading to work (I haven't had her quit yet) which I love...I'm not sure if it's intentional that they still go to work while preggo or if it's a glitch, but I like it. The maternity leave in TS3 often got a little ridiculous...especially if you wanted to get all babies out of the way early on. You would go, like, weeks without going to work and get so far behind. If she can seriously keep going to work while preggo, then I'm probably going to just keep her in her career to bring in some money!


The nursery I chose to go with. So. Freaking. Cute.


That......does not look comfortable... O.o


A little back pain during dinner. With a bump that size, I'm amazed she's not constantly in pain! Also...holy boobs, Batman! I actually love that they grow along with the belly. It's kinda natural for that to happen and all ;)


I've noticed that it seems she goes to the bathroom and gets hungry a LOT more during pregnancy. Again, not sure if that's intentional or if it's not actually that much more and I'm just imagining things. Who cares, cute "pee pee walk" time! Also, LOOOOVING this whole any clothes can be worn during pregnancy thing. Just throwing that out there.


Joanna was feeling a little lonely and when I clicked on her social to auto solve the problem, she decided to "troll teh forumz"...

"TS4 SUUUXXX SOOOO BAD!"//"H8ERS GONNA H8! TS4 IS AWSUUUM!"//"NO1 CAN HAZ DIFFERENT OPINION THAN MEEE!"

.... :P - I'm sorry. I just had to.


All that trolling must have really given her a jolt because shortly after, the labor pains began!


The reason she is in different clothes is because, during her labor, she decided to go to work. Ummmm.....how about no. The best part is that after she gave birth, her boss called and yelled at her for missing work. How nice!


Finally, she gave birth. Congratulations, Joanna, it's a.........

....thing. Damnit.


Actually, it was twin things. Two twin mutant spiderling baby girls. I decided to just age them up, because this mutant baby thing?


So, let me introduce you to our first babies of this challenge! This is Thing 1, Lindsey Tredway. I just gave her the first child aspiration which was Artistic Prodigy, and the first trait which was Good. I really miss randomization.


And this is Thing 2, Rosalie Tredway. She was given the second aspiration which was Rambunctious Scamp and the second trait which was Bookworm.


They then shared a celebratory hug for not turning into mutant spiderling children! Good for you girls!


Alrighty, folks, this is where I leave you for now! Tune in next time to see Joanna trap her next victim and birth more demon spawn! Until next time, happy Simming!

5 comments:

  1. OMG Mutant babies!! O_O I really hope that doesn't happen to me . . . the going to work while pregnant isn't a glitch, game is working as intended, which I LOVE because you're right, maternity leave in TS3 was STUPID LONG. I usually used NRAAS mods to cheat it out. As for randomizing traits, someone linked something somewhere that simulates it . . . let me get back to you with that (I'm terrible with keeping track of links). Also, trolling teh forumz? I died lol'ing. For realsies.

    Cute kiddos! Twins on the first try? I think Joanna's on a roll. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! https://www.platinumsimmers.com/trait-randomiser/ Try that. :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! Thank you, I will check that out :) Yes, the mutant baby thing has something to do with integrated Intel graphics cards or something...even if your game is recognizing your gaming card, something about that Intel still mucks up the babies. But I've been trying different things/experimenting so we'll see what the next pregnancy has in store.

      Delete
  3. I love this! :D The twins are adorable!

    The grumpy cat was hilarious XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha... this is so weird for Intel that glitched twinsies until aging up time,but the grumpy cat made me pause for lulz.

    ReplyDelete