Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Chapter 3: And Then There's Don

I bought some playground equipment for the kiddos. Rosalie loves the monkey bars, and Lindsey loves the rocket ship jungle gym! Also, by this point, I realized that house I was in was just not going to do - not nearly enough room nor much space to expand without completely destroying the backyard, which I loved too much to destroy. SO, I built a house. It's nothing special, just a quick slap down of pre-made rooms. But it works for now!



The following morning, I had Joanna make the girls some scrambled eggs for breakfast!


The girls are a little chunky but still adorable :) I don't know where the small amount of chunk comes from, though, cause it's definitely not from mom or dad! Oh well, I think they're adorable <33


After breakfast, I had Joanna call that guy she played chess with the other day. His name is Milan Lee, and she invited him over. And let me tell ya, when these Sims say they'll be right over, they freaking mean they will be RIGHT over. You'd almost think they're hiding in the bushes or something, jeeze... O.o


Things started off well enough. The two got along fabulously and their friendship bar shot right up! He was in a pretty grumpy mood when he came over so she did her best to calm him down.


Uuuggghhh. I wanna seeeeee these :( Anywho, I soon realized that, despite how well they were getting along, romantic options NEVER came up. So I did a little investigating, turns out he's a teenager. Oops....! Usually I can tell the difference between teens and adults (though admittedly it's difficult sometimes) but this was a total miss for me. I had no idea whether he was a teen or adult until I modified him in CAS. Well, then. Let's move on.


I sent Joanna to the gym to meet people, cause that's totally not cliche. Anywho, she struck up a wonderful conversation....with Bella. I don't think Bella can help you, dear...unless she's sick of Morty and offering him up as a donor!


Meanwhile, in the bathroom, Joanna got cozy with none other than Don Lothario! Gotta admit, this is the best looking rendition of him I've ever seen. Love him! Sorry you can't really see what's going on. Thanks to that atrocious lighting and all  >.< Btw...that is one impressive stink cloud. In all honesty, Joanna's first few attempts at wooing Mr. Lothario were complete misses. Guess he wasn't feelin' the stank.


But a couple of flirts and a smooth recovery later, and he was puddy in her hands. 


Eventually she got him to spend the night at her place. Sorry for a lack of pictures of their progress, I was in a hurry to get this going because her needs were dropping fiercely. 


Finally, she made her move and initiated the woohoo! He was ALL about that....


Another round of woohoo music. As you can see, her plumbob was sooo red, so time was of the essence!


Morning rolled around and so did the option for another preggo test. Sorry my lighting is so crappy. I kind of forgot to make sure the house was well lit when I built it.


And, of course, Don was a worthy donor!


I sure hope that face doesn't indicate how he REALLY feels about his developing baby... O.o


Poor girl had HORRENDOUS morning sickness throughout the entire pregnancy. Don must have really did a number on her!


Poor Rosalie woke up sad this morning :( It broke my heart to see her sulking around! She was lonely.


Thankfully, sissy was on hand to help make everything better! The child life stage in TS4 TRUMPS any child stage previously, regardless of how little there is to do. I can't wait to see what they add in future EPs, cause they are easily my favorite age at this time.



Sims Forever <3333


A little BLT making with second trimester baby bump! She made this for the girls for lunch when they returned home from school. I ultimately decided to have Joanna quit her job, and here's the reason why. When it comes to aging, there is no option to control how many days Sims are at each life stage as there were in TS3. So you have three options for lifespan - short, normal and long. I set them on long to give Joanna the most possible time to complete the challenge (though I'll be honest, I can see this being a difficult task to accomplish with aging on at all - hence why I had her quit to give her the absolute most free time to get this done) and when I looked at her Simology, it says she had 54 days until aging up (this was after she'd already been a YA for probably a good week at least). The children said they have 47 days (again, this was after they'd been aged up for a few days). So I've decided that I will keep everything on long and just age the children/teens up myself after 1 in game week. As for Joanna, if all else fails and it starts to get too late in the game, I'll just turn off aging to complete the challenge and continue to age the children/teens up after an in game week. 


The girls got to work on their homework when they got home. A little pop up showed up when they returned that said something about not worrying about hanging their work on the fridge because it was "merely satisfactory" or something like that...how rude, EA!


Girls wanting to feel mom's belly = me in a puddle of mushy cuteness on the floor <33



STOP TAKING PICTURES TOGETHER IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA LET ME SEE THE UNDOUBTEDLY ADORABLE OUTCOME :'(



Hahahahahahaha!! Omg. This is the best thing in the universe. Sorry, Jo, but your misfortune is my entertainment.


Ya know what's cuter than the "pee pee walk"? An adorable child in adorable undies and adorable mismatched socks doing the "pee pee walk".


Fun fact: Sims giggle in their sleep, and it is THE cutest thing in the universe.


Just in case I hadn't mentioned it before, I love the kiddos <3


Oh my God...look at her bump!


...yeah, that looks safe.


I decided to have her "push the limits" and go for a jog. Which was purely an excuse to check out some pretty scenery.


Ya know what's cuter than Sims taking photos together? Two children taking a photo together! These two are inseparable <33


All that jogging must have done the trick cause Joanna's labor began shortly after!


So someone said that they were able to fix the baby glitch by selecting Laptop Mode in the options. Decided to give it a try, with no luck :( Oh well, SimGuruHydra (I think...) said they have found the root of the problem and are working on a fix. So for now, it's another thing for Joanna!


Of course, I aged her up. Yes, it's another girl. My TS3 baby challenge had a big issue with my Sim having nothing but girls for the first, like, 14 babies...am I in for the same thing here?! Guess we'll find out! Just like with Lindsey and Rosalie, I aged the baby up right away. Her name is Alyssa Tredway, and she was given the 3rd aspiration (Social Butterfly) and trait (Art Lover). And she is PRECIOUS <3 Don makes some pretty cute babies, so be on the lookout, ladies of Willow Creek!




And that's where we leave it for today! Tune in next time to see who Joanna wrangles into her mission and find out whether or not she will ever have a baby boy! Until then, happy simming!

3 comments:

  1. Dawwwww, another cute kid! Loving it so far, can't wait to see her future babies! (so long as they stop being mutants . . . lol). Another option for your baby-mama, there is a 'young again' potion you can buy with Aspiration points I believe. That ought to help out as well, as far as keeping her young enough to complete the challenge. Good luck! Gotcha bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! I was wondering about that - I haven't even figured out the aspiration points system at all yet, so that's gooood to know. Cause I'll definitely be needing it haha. Thank you for reading!! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, the sims in The Sims 4 seem like they have so much more personality! :)
    I bookmarked you as well :)

    ReplyDelete