Thursday, September 4, 2014

Chapter 4: Of Course, Sometimes Stuff Goes Down When There's a Billion Dollars in a...Dollhouse?

We will start off this update with a mommy daughter dance party because...well...let's just cut to the chase, this is gonna be a long 50 picture update. So get pumped, cause it's gonna be a good one!


Unfortunately, the party was cut short by a broken sink. I'm not exactly sure how sticking the wrench IN the sink is going to help, but you just do what you do, Jo.


While exploring the interactions in the game, I saw the option for Rosalie and Alyssa to "monkey around". This means playful shoving, and it is adorable!


That afternoon, while the girls were at school, I sent Joanna to the park to meet a new fellow. She met this old guy who we will call Mr. Jerkface. Age ain't nothin but a number, after all!


After some flirting and other such romantic interactions, a successful first kiss was had!


Finally, she offered up the goods. And he was ALL FOR IT.


Insert seductive music and squeaky bed sounds here.


After the deed was done, I followed Joanna around to attend to some needs she had. In the background, I heard some muffled noises! I went upstairs to find that Rylan had done this to the girls' dollhouse! WHAT A JERK!


What's worse? The soft, whimpering crying that Rosalie did in her sleep :( SHE CRIED IN HER SLEEP, AND I DIED INSIDE. Joanna was having none of that and promptly went upstairs to fix the dollhouse for her little girl.


All was well, right? WRONG. Mr. Jerkface did it AGAIN that night! The first thing Rosalie did when she woke up was cry over her dollhouse. DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU DID, JERKFACE?! DUDE. GTFO. You're lucky you're not in this house permanently cause I see some very unpleasant things in your future >.<


Super Mom to the rescue! Don't worry, bb...mommy will make it all better :'(



A quick preggo test revealed that she is THANKFULLY not pregnant with Jerkface's spawn of Satan. So, the pregnancy test option alone does not indicate pregnancy. Cool :) Kinda wish there was more to the animation then for storytelling purposes but whatevs.


This is a picture of Joanna fixing her daughter's dollhouse. Again.


Off she went to the gym, again, to meet someone. One of these days I'll try a different venue haha. Anywho, she instantly started flirting with this guy named Marcos Lyon. Apparently she's got a thing for bald men.


A little sexy posing and this guy was wrapped around her finger!


She invited him home and the pair started the afternoon with some casual chatter.


They're just torturing me. Jerks.


Ok, so Joanna initiated some flirting interactions, and while she was doing so, Jacob stopped by. While she was flirting with Marcos, this happened! Jacob came over, stood there and just started crying. He didn't say anything to her or interject into the conversation or anything like that, he just watched and cried. I don't know for sure if it's a reaction to her flirting with another guy, but I'm lead to believe that's what was going on and omg the feels :'(


Unfortunately, it's on with the show. The flirting continued, but to be honest my heart just wasn't in it. Poor Jacob :(


A little celebratory fist pump means that there is woohoo to be had!


Oh yeah. It's on like Donkey Kong.


After such an eventful day, Joanna was exhausted. I sent her to take a bath, though, because her hygiene was really low. And apparently, this can happen. They can nap in the tub. Every time I play, I find more and more little things like this that I just adore.


Pregnancy test time! And the verdict is...


...eating for two! :D


Poor Joanna. She was just exhausted. She hadn't really gotten any sleep over the last day due to Jerkface's dollhouse shenanigans and Jacob's crying and getting pregnant and all that.


Wait...what was that noise? Was that someone destroying the dollhouse AGAIN? Yes. Yes it was. DUDE. NOT COOL, MAN.


FINALLY, Joanna got some sleep. When she woke up, the girls were at school. I had her step outside and dig up some rocks that were next to her house. She found a gem and a broken fossil! Neat!


Later that day, Marcos stopped by again and Joanna decided to give him the big news. And his reaction was DRASTICALLY different from any I'd seen so far O.o


A week had passed and it was time to age up the twins. I had Joanna make them each a cake :) A new feature that I LOVE is that you can make a cake to use as a birthday cake/wedding cake/etc. So cute and much more personal!


There was so much going on during the aging up process, I didn't get any pictures of the process really. There was a lot going on between both girls aging up, and it was just a little different. I'll do a better job next time, sorry. Anywho, one thing I did learn is that they can make a wish before blowing out the candles! Cute! Also, mom was on hand to throw some confetti and blow a couple different noise makers :) 


Joanna's first two girls have reached teenager stage! Here's Lindsey...


And here's Rosalie!


Another fun thing I've learned is that, while kids are playing on the jungle gyms, adults can come up and play too as either a space monster or sea monster! They don't interact much, at least from what I saw, but it's still cute.


Don't mind Alyssa, she's just doing a little spacewalkin :)


So when Sims are playful, they can make 'silly gummy bear pancakes'...umm YES, PLEASE.


The whole family sat down for some breakfast :) Gummy bear pancakes were a hit!


I decided to have the twins try out some instruments. Lindsey took the violin and Rosalie opted for the guitar.



Meanwhile, I had Joanna give fishing a try. The colors in the neighborhood are sooo pretty.


Ya know who else stops by EVERY day? Don Lothario. For someone noncommittal, he seems pretty interested in committing.


One of the goals for Joanna's aspiration is to read to a child for 3 hours, so I had her get started. So cute :) The family interactions in this game are so much better than previous installments. I really feel like they haven't even skimmed the surface of the options they could come up with. I'm really anxious to see what comes in future EPs.


Oh! So remember that teenager Milan that Joanna was trying to get with before I realized that he was actually a teenager? Well...


He stopped by one afternoon and he and Lindsey just hit it off. First kissies!! <3


So she asked him to be her boyfriend, and then THIS HAPPENED. (Sorry for the background and the walls being down and the blah picture. They were standing up against a wall and this was the only way I could really get a good picture.) HOW FREAKING CUTE IS THIS?!


Then they did this little giddy thing that was just adorable. The photo doesn't do it justice.


They can also exchange promise rings! Squeee!!! These two just have to be endgame cause I say so.


The next morning Rosalie showed her sister a funny video on her phone. They both found it hilarious :)


Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Joanna went into labor!


A few hours and two demon babies later, and Joanna had another set of twin girls on her hands. Yes, girls. Again. I think my baby mamas are cursed.


So without further ado, meet Ciel & Bethany Tredway! Ciel has the long hair, Bethany has the pigtails. Ciel was given the Whiz Kid ambition and the Active trait, while Bethany was given the Artistic Prodigy aspiration and the Loves the Outdoors trait.




And that, my friends, is where we leave for now! Hopefully next time we won't have anymore Jerkface guys coming in destroying the girls' toys or other such nonsense. And maybe we'll finally get our first boy?! Until then, happy simming!

8 comments:

  1. Omg Jacob. :-< Also Lindsey's eyes look weird?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeeaaahhhh....Lindsey's teenage/adult genetics are a little unfortunate. I'm really not sure what changed from when she was a kid - her eyes weren't weird like that as a child. But you're right, they're just a little...odd...haha. Not necessarily a great mix of genetics. Rosalie's face is a little different too. I like them, because they definitely seem more realistic/mixed. But they just happened to be unfortunate combinations haha. Thanks for reading, dear :)

      Delete
  2. Dawww, what's with the hate on the dollhouse?! The update was awesome! All your girls (LOL) are doing great and lookin great. Poor Jacob. And I also have to say poor Don, lol. Here's hoping for a little Y chromosome in the future. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have NO idea what the dollhouse business was about! But omg the whimper crying in her sleep was just torture. I mean...nobody wants to hear a child cry let alone a sleeping child sobbing in her sleep with a moodlet that says "Poor dolls." Ugh. Stupid Jerkface. Yeees please send some good Y chromosome vibes my way. My goodness. Thanks, as always, for reeeaadding!!

      Delete
  3. I love this blog! As a mac user who cannot play sims 4 (yet), I am living vicariously through you. Thanks for the hilarious posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I REALLY hope they release some info on a mac version soon :( Sorry that they're being buttnuggets about it. But, at the very least hopefully they'll have the kinks/bugs worked out by then for you!

      Delete
  4. Haha! I feel your pain on the dollhouse!
    In my current Sims 3 Baby Challenge, my challenge father (Grant) often has females stay in the house for the duration of the pregnancy. Well, he got a kleptomanic-technophobe pregnant. When she left she ended up detonating my tv while stealing all of my kids treasure chests. :(
    I had to move into a new house because the fire wouldn't stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! Haha that sounds really entertaining though - poor kids :( Thanks for reading - hope you enjoyed! Keep your eyes peeled for new updates coming soonish - if not this year beginning of next year :)

      Delete